Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ready. Set. Go!

This morning was the first of many that I will blog about in the next three months.  I woke to a call coming from 6, 918 miles away.  My husband, Mitch is in the US Army currently deployed to Afghanistan.  Being that this long awaited call came in the wee hours of the morning, I took advantage of my opportunity to catch a few more z's before getting up with my one year old.  Turner was born in August of 2009.  He is the most wonderful being I have ever known.  The simple pleasures are so much more evident when you can see someone enjoying every moment thoroughly.  After having his morning cup of Silk (he's lactose intolerant), I poured him a bowl of cereal.  He's learning to use a spoon now so watching him eat is alot like watching a dog chase his own tail.  He tries so hard to get one cheerio into his mouth, but time after time that darn spoon turns and drops the cheerio before he can get the spoon to his mouth.  Of course it would be unthinkable for someone to help this independent young explorer, so I have to sit back and watch patiently, very patiently, as he learns utencil handling techniques all on his own.  After about an hour he had managed to spoon about half of the cheerios into his mouth, that was success enough for him so I cleaned him up and he holds his head high as a big boy using a spoon. 

As a mommy and a wife we are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, right?  Well, I am dedicating myself to the P90X fitness program.  For the next three months I will be eating healthy and busting my butt every day with the goal of being the best me that I can be.  I will be completing this program just before Mitch comes home.  As all military wives know, we always strive to be better while they are gone. Whether it is through home improvement, healthy cooking, house keeping, or the always popular, wight loss and fitness, it is always important to achieve something in their absence. 

This blog will follow me through my journey to achieve something that I have wanted for a long time.  I will share my ups and downs and maybe inspire someone to try it along with me.  I plan on starting P90X in about a week, because that's when it'll arrive in the mail.  I have all of the equipment I will need and I will start cooking healthier this week in order to be fully prepared for the program.

Thanks for joining me.  Until next time, 

2 comments:

  1. Miest!! You are amazing! I've had p90x for like 4 months now and I've done it maybe twice! Haha I'm going to follow you and try to do it with you! Lol love you!!! And good luck to us both...ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miest! You should definately try it along with me! If you do, it would be great if you could email me progress pictures so that I can post them along with mine! It's always good to have someone to keep you accountable. Yay!

    ReplyDelete